We gave you the first one a while back which came from an Alabama blog, and now we give you exhibit B of what we consider to be some of the worst articles ever written on the topic. We can only hope that there are SEC fans that are embarrassed by this kind of nonsense. Perhaps Mike Slive should print it out for the conference meetings, surely he agrees with this blogger's assessment of the oversigning situation. Allows us to summarize for you:
1. All of this oversigning talk exists because Big 10 fans are sick of the SEC winning. (Did we miss something, when did Florida and Georgia join the Big 10?)
2. ESPN only broadcasts SEC games and that is another reason people are sick of the SEC.
3. This is all just anti-SEC sentiment coming from struggling media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal.
4. Jim Delany is owns oversigning.com and is working behind the scenes with the WSJ to attack the SEC.
5. Steve Spurrier is just being gracious and kind in his comments regarding oversigning.
6. The SEC is too rich and powerful to give in to the outcries for change regarding oversigning, plus
7. Mike Slive is too smart to fall for this trap that Jim Delany and the WSJ have devised together.
8. Oversigning is not against the rules. (Always our favorite argument because it exposes the weakness of the person using it).
9. Adhering to morals doesn't win football games. (We're sure Mike Slive would be so proud of that statement).
10. It doesn't matter if oversigning is banned, the SEC will still win the NC next year and every year after.
11. Bernie Machen is not to be trusted because he has a Big 10 education with two degrees from Iowa, and
12. The only reason Florida and Georgia are complaining is because they are not winning.
Yes all of that garbage was wrapped up in one spectacularly piss-poor piece of writing by some hack that writes for a South Carolina blog. We know good people in the state of South Carolina, we're sorry for you and know that you are embarrassed. We didn't share this to say that this is the mindset of all SEC or South Carolina fans, just to show you that there are some who simply don't get it and unfortunately, they have a blog. If you need a good laugh, go read the rest of that garbage.